Plans for the 2021 Willi

Randy Parkin and his colleagues at the Willi are making the following plans regarding this year’s Willi: You are probably wondering what’s happening with your favourite free flight competition, the Willi XC. We’re well into planning for the 2021 version, our 25th. Covid has thrown a wrench into the works, but our intent is to be ready with options to hold the meet within whatever boundaries are set by disease and regulation. Until we know more though, we are not able to announce any fine details or set a registration fee. We hope to make those final decisions late April/early May.

In the meantime, if the Willi is anywhere in your summer plans, our tentative dates are July 23 to Aug 1 (flying to start on the 24th). We are looking at options, one of which would extend the competition into the weekend of Aug 7-8. Also, under consideration is forging a partnership with the Splashdown which happens in Invermere on Aug 7th – it’s their 45th.

More information regarding those options is included in a survey we’re doing of interested Willi pilots to see what might work for most of us. Please give us feedback via the brief survey linked below. And pre-register if you like. Pre-registering is optional – you can register later – but we’d like your feedback to the survey anyway. To respond to the survey, please go to.

Pre-registered pilots will receive further information via email. Otherwise, please follow us on Facebook ( or find more information on our web page ( We’re looking forward to your feedback and flying with you this summer!

The Willi Team