Paramotors And HPAC

Pilots frequently call the HPAC Office asking whether or not our HPAC insurance covers third party liability for paramotoring. It does not. Paramotors fall in the classification of ultralight, a completely separate category of aircraft under Transport Canada.

Members who are learning paramotoring are recommended to take instruction only from Transport-Canada certified ultralight instructors to attain a license, which is required under Transport Canada regulations, regardless of where the paramotor is flown. Pilots can seek information for ultralight insurance from The UltraLight Pilots Association of Canada (