HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2016

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2016 - Annual General Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve the financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2016?
Yes
86%
 86%  [ 32 ]
Abstain
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Users Voted : 37
Total Votes : 37
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: The financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2016 Reply with quote

HPAC/ACVL financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2016, as reviewed by Jorgensen & Bickerton of Amherst, Nova Scotia.

HPAC/ACVL etats financiers de l'an Mars 31, 2016, tel que revu par Jorgensen Bickerton, experts-comptables, d'Amherst, Nouvelle-Ecosse.

https://www.hpac.ca/files/hpac_mar2016_finstmts_reviewed.pdf
Nicole McLearn
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 06:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, can you clarify what the $10,500 under the "miscellaneous" expenses (page 3) is from? Dom's funeral? Jasper? Or something else?

Thanks for posting these statements!

Nicole
Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 07:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The largest part of the miscellaneous expense is from the $6,682 related to the Jasper Park inauguration in May/15 (travel expenses), and the remaining $3,813 is from items such as travel to USHPA meetings in the US, and to Dom's funeral.
Pedro Eiler Pedersen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Staffing and subcontracts payments Reply with quote

Knowing the issues we had this year regarding employees (or ex) and the issue with control of the facebook page, I would like to know who are the Staff and the subcontractors that are getting paid.
Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 06:41 pm    Post subject: Salaries and subcontracting Reply with quote

Currently being paid under 'salaries and subcontracting' are the executive director - Margit Nance, programmer - Gerry Grossnegger, and translator - Nicolas Girard.
Nikita Gazarov
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also concerned about Facebook group ownership.

I always thought it was an official HPAC group because it uses official logos, and "HPAC / ACVL" is listed as an admin of that group. If that account is not controlled by HPAC BoD, then whose account is that, and why does it carry our organization's name instead of its real owner's name?

Even today at the top of the group sits an inflammatory, one-sided poll that asks whether HPAC should basically be the dictator of this group. If the moderator of the group was fair, he would have instead asked *who* should be a dictator of the group, because the way facebook groups work, *someone* has to be the dictator, and right now it's the group's moderator.

I never had a problem with that group's management before, but all this divisive political drama is hurting our community for no good reason.
Mark Dowsett
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 01:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed as well about the Facebook page dilemma. I understand they are working on it but the "admin" rights aren't being handed over at this time. Only one person can do that and it seems they aren't.
Mark Damm
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 09:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Salaries and subcontracting Reply with quote

Tim Parker wrote:
Currently being paid under 'salaries and subcontracting' are the executive director - Margit Nance, programmer - Gerry Grossnegger, and translator - Nicolas Girard.

With all of the nonsense created by Gerry Grossnegger surrounding the Facebook page and his general
public attitude toward the organization, I find it difficult to understand why the organization
would be paying him anything!
Nicolas Jones
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 09:30 am    Post subject: Re: Salaries and subcontracting Reply with quote

Mark Damm wrote:
Tim Parker wrote:

With all of the nonsense created by Gerry Grossnegger surrounding the Facebook page and his general
public attitude toward the organization, I find it difficult to understand why the organization
would be paying him anything!

I understand your frustration, the BoD feels it too. We are in the unfortunate position of finding balance between keeping the daily operations of the organization going with the current website, while working towards a new structure where we are not dependent on a few individuals who hold key knowledge about the website.

The facebook issue is being handled through FB legal, but it's a frustratingly slow process with no visible results in the meantime.
Dennie Shipley
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 07:06 pm    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

Can we not create a new Facebook group? The Official HPAC Facebook group. Leave the Old one and have FB legal do their thing? It should be noted that sentiments of a dictatorship within our board is not isolated to a few rogues. I've heard this term used many times....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2016 - Annual General Meeting All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: