HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Budget 2017/2018

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2017 - Annual General Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve the budget for the fiscal year 2017/2018?
Yes/Oui
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
No/Non
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Abstain/Abstention
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 27
Total Votes : 27
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 08:20 pm    Post subject: Budget 2017/2018 Reply with quote

HPAC/ACVL budget 2017/2018 ENGLISH

http://hpac.ca/files/agm/2017/HPAC_budget_2017-2018vers_5_ENGLISH_Income.pdf

HPAC/ACVL budget 2017/2018 FRANCAIS

http://hpac.ca/files/agm/2017/HPAC_budget_2017-2018vers_5_FRANCAIS2_Income.pdf
Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 09:19 pm    Post subject: Budget 2017/2018 Reply with quote

Some additional notes regarding a few of the budget items:

REVENUES:
- School Insurance: This is no longer being collected from schools as of January 2017, but a replacement may be brought back in 2018.

- HPAC Calendar: This has been discontinued for 2018, so there is no revenue or expense related to this in the budget.

EXPENSES:
- Insurance: The modest increase in the premium for 2017/18 reflects the addition of minors.

- Translation: This expense was higher than normal in 2016/17 as there was a very large volume of materials to be translated related to SOP's, website content etc, so this expense will be lower in 2017/18.
Steven Boost
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 08:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain the basis of the forecast membership revenue increase from the BCHPA of 28% in the 2017-2018 budget (28% increase over actual 2016-2017 amount)?
Steven Boost
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 08:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful to provide a brief breakdown of the $42 657 "Operations" expense. What is this?
Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forecast increase in membership fee revenue is the result of the change in membership fees from $125 to $160, which took effect on March 31, 2017, so the new fee has been in effect since the start of the 2017/18 budget year. The forecast is based on membership levels remaining the same, with 991 renewals during the year.

Operations includes $36,000 plus $1,800 GST for the executive director, plus $4,857 for other expenses such as phone, postage, etc.
Tim Parker
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 991 memberships nationally.
Jimmy Giroux
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 05:13 am    Post subject: national team budget and competition budget??? Reply with quote

Ok Can I get this 750$ un-used money for national team so I can get some uniform made up for the accuracy team since it is the team traveling the most and representing Canadien paraglider the most in the world at the moment with 3 world cup, 1 world championship and 3 international competition just this year!!! I think I deserve that unused money.

2ng their is 1500$ in the competition fund unused and I would really like that the HPAC but an electronic pad for world class competition so I dont have to borrow from my friend in Europe when I want to organise a competition. remember this is the 2nd aerosport the most in expansion in the FAI after the Drones. their is still talk with the Olympic committee to introduce Paragliding to the olympic and WHEN it happen it will be Accuracy and not XC that will be in demonstration and our country is perfect for these type of competition specially here out east so I believe we, as an association start developing this side of out sports... their is a reason why France had fight agains these for 5 years and now they plan 10 accuracy competition in France next year...

I understand that is not the place for the debate but I would just like to hear what the average pilots thinks of this... if the HPAC buy the electronic pad I engage myself in creating a 3 national league West, Central, East (4 competition), with a super final to have a canadien champion and use this as selection to make a proper National team. just like they do in eastern Europe and Asia.

please leave your comments on that to help me and the HPAC to take a decision on this matter.

FRANCAIS

Est ce que je peut avoir le 750$ qui reste dans les font d'équipe national pour faire des uniform a l'équipe de précision? vue que c'est l'équipe la plus représentante du Canada dans le monde avec 3 coupe du monde 1 championnat mondial et 3 coupe international seulement cette année!!! Je pence que je mérite cette argent non-utiliser

2iement il y as 1500$ dans les fond de competition non utiliser et je suggère ACVL d'acheter une pad electronic pour pouvoir faire des compétition de calibre mondial sans avoir a demander a mes amis de l'Europe pour m'en prêté un. on doit se souvenir que le parapente de précision est le 2iem sport le plus a la hausse après les drone et le comité olympique parle toujours de permettre a la FAI de mettre une competition au jeux olympique et se sera le parapente de precision qui serra choisi par la FAI.

Je comprend que ceci n'est pas la place pour debatre des point mais j'aimerais prendre cette opportunité pour demander au pilot se qu'il en pence??? Si ACVL acheté un pad electronic je m'engage a construit 3 ligue de parapente Ouest Central et Est avec une grand final pour couronné le champion Canadien et faire la sélection de l'équipe Canadien.

SVP laisser vos commentaire merci
Eric Olivier
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jimmy,
As I have mentionned in the past to you, HPAC welcomes projects to expand our sports visibility and support events for our members. There are two important points to be addressed:
1- there needs an HPAC defined competition and rule book to be created with respect to precision landing before we can actually "officially sanction" these events and award team points for pilots etc.
2- there are no precedents for the purchase of assets (like computerized targets for events). This sort of thing /expense would be supplied by an event organizer, not the national association. If it where to be considered in the future it would need to come from a well documented request and for that, I beleive point 1- should first be adressed.
I again recommend you send a formal proposal for rule book creation to the competition committee, (like I suggested you do before) and get the process started and hopefully create some kind of "pull" within you association.
If you want, you can still call me as usual and I can try and help you out and guide you in this process.
The XC type competition rule book was created for exactly all those reasons and required a lot of work ( i was also part of that process).
What I do not believe your association can do at the moment is pilot this project without volunteers and membership / pilots requests.
The comp committee can give you a bit of guidance in this as you are basically alone so far and it would be a nice addition to the Canadian paragliding scene.
Hope this helps and please call me for more details if you think I can help.
Cheers
Eric
HPAC competition committee chairs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2017 - Annual General Meeting All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: