HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPC Checklist

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> Tandem Pre-Flight Safety Protocol
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Dowsett
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: CPC Checklist Reply with quote

I agree about this entire CPC card being needed. I created one after Jon's accident but hadn't implemented it until Martin published his report. I actually shared mine with him prior.

I don't think HPAC should provide them. Sure we could/should share all of ours to improve on them but it is a good exercise for pilots to make their own so you believe in yourself and your own system.

For instance, I won't use an HPAC one as our school has implemented a very stringent pre-flight system that encompasses tandems and solos as well as winch towing and aerotowing so our community all have the same procedures. It would be a helluva victory if the entire country could merge into a single checklist...

Here is my GoogleDrive Sheet for you to view:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-qcEnLlvZkfNK__F60jLUSnBwHlXgjWJvqDdXIMGGP4/edit?usp=sharing&authkey=CJ65p8cC

note there is three tabs at the bottom...one 'verbose' which explains everything and the differences for ATing and Winching (stationary) and then a summary tab for ATing (which is/was affixed to each launch cart) and then a Tandem list that I have printed and taped to my downtube inn plain view of the passenger which we review.

I am not in strict opposition of HPAC issuing one but don't make it MANDATORY to use HPACs.
Scott Watwood
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 03:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan is to propose to accept a 'satisfatory level of compliance' at the upcoming executive board meeting. Then the checklist and/or procedures can be tailored by each specific operator to allow some variance to the requirements.

Scott
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> Tandem Pre-Flight Safety Protocol All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: