HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

Track Server   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this sexist/offensive/gross or am I just too sensitive?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Samplonius
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Is this sexist/offensive/gross or am I just too sensitive? Reply with quote

Is this sexist/offensive/gross or am I just too sensitive?

http://www.cafepress.com/hpac_acvl.56486840

I think it sends a message that the HPAC shouldn't be sending. Maybe it doesn't seem like much to some of the dirty old men in the association, but it certainly doesn't lend itself to the professional image that a national association should have.

Besides this all, if you wanted to see someone or be the someone in a thong, would you seriously want it to have an HPAC logo printed on it? [/img]
Quinn Cornwell
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: not offensive Reply with quote

Women wear them, so we sell them. It's not taboo anymore to sell this sort of stuff IMHO.
quinn the not so dirty old man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Domagoj Juretic
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 08:55 pm    Post subject: Is this sexist/offensive/gross or am I just too sensitive? Reply with quote

Hello Rob,
who knows you might be right. But if you are, we probably shouldn't trust your judgment more than ours. Wink
I might be unsensitive myself, to your comment that is, but I would put more weight on the comment of a lady pilot.
The only lady pilot who would confide such a thing to me actually owns some.

Kidding aside, if we had some direct negative comments from some lady pilots we would of course discontinue the offer of this product.

Domagoj

p.s. Remember we are talking about underwear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> Members Only All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: