HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Canadian Championsips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> XC, Competition & Comp Rule Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Clarkson
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Western Canadian Championsips Reply with quote

The 2007 Western Canadian Hang gliding Championship will be held in Vulcan Alberta. I'm looking forward to tring out a new site and the town is enthusiastic about having the event in town.

This years event will run from Sunday May 13th until Sunday May 20th. This is the week before the May long weekend. I have shortend the comp. by one day to allow the Saturday for those traveling from out of province and holiday Monday to travel home.

This will be a truck towing event. The format will be the same as last year. It will be primarilly open distance, using race to score each day. Some type of task will be called the last day to get people back in time for dinner. I would also like to have a task one other day as it is a good chance for people to practice navigating using their gps.

Another change I am going to make this year is GPS will be manditory. Please don't let this discourage you from coming. I find most pilots have one but if you don't let me know and I will try and find one to lend you. If you are flying XC it is time to think about buying one.
As always this will be a fund raising event. I will provide more information about this latter.

The entry fee will be $125. Checks can be made out to the Rocky Mountain Hang gliding league and sent CO Rob Clarkson 2416 36st SW Calgary AB T3E 2Z5. Mark Dowsett is hosting the registration for us this year. Mark has put alot of work into this web site. It makes it very easy for comp organizers and is a great resourse. As a pilot I like having one site I can find and registar any events I want to attend. Thanks Mark!

So registration is open. Goto events.dowsett.ca. Click on 2007 events and then flyforacure/vulcanAB
If you have any problems or questions please e-mail me at rolecl@telusplanet.net or give me a call @ 403-969-9473.
I look forward to seeing you in Vulcan!

Rob Clarkson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> XC, Competition & Comp Rule Book All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: