HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Website Sneak Preview

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2017 - Annual General Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 02:58 pm    Post subject: New Website Sneak Preview Reply with quote

HPAC's new website:

HPAC is happy to provide a sneak preview of our new website (still a work in progress and more content will be coming); here are some key points before inspecting the site:

- it will consist of a front end on WordPress and a back end data management system on a state-of-the-art Ruby-on-Rails application;
- the front end information on the new site is almost entirely newly written content, reflecting the information needs of pilots, instructors, landowners and the general public;
- while the French language acvl site is in parallel preparation, only the English was ready in beta format in time for this 2017 Annual General Meeting (thank you to our francophone members for your understanding);
- please try the site on all different devices at your disposal;
- please send all specific questions/comments of a structural nature to me at admin@hpac.ca and we will address them.
Enjoy!

Here is the link: www.hpac.ca/beta

Margit Nance
HPAC Executive Director

Gilles Normandeau
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 07:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, the link should be: www.hpac.ca/beta
Trevor Mead-Robins
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 09:00 pm    Post subject: Responsive new HPAC site Reply with quote

Nice to see the beta site is responsive (renders on mobile devices).
Look forward to the release. Congratulations on getting this done.
http://hpac.ca/beta
Jimmy Giroux
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 05:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a bit cold! like entering in a hospital( sorry just my initial feeling) and not really attracting people to go further in their quest for information about paragliding and starting to press on links and not enough hooking, capturing attention...

but again just my opinion and opinions are all different... I did not test on my phone yet
Meldan Kutertan
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 08:16 am    Post subject: The new website Reply with quote

I am sure there has been put many hours in creating the new website. Thank you for your efforts. Could it be possible to make the menu letters larger so that they capture the attention of information provided?
Jeff Levack
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 08:03 am    Post subject: Getting back to home page Reply with quote

Once I navigated away from the home page there was nothing I could click to get back to it. (Chrome on a Mac).
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: click on logo Reply with quote

Jeff, click on the logo on top left and that should take you back to homepage. It was also suggested that this "return home" feature could be made a little more obvious so people know exactly how to get back there in one click.

This is good feedback, Jeff. Thanks.
Jeff Levack
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: click on logo Reply with quote

Margit Nance wrote:
click on the logo on top left and that should take you back to homepage.

Margit - clicking on the logo does not work for me.
Margit Nance
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 04:04 pm    Post subject: You are right Reply with quote

Jeff, you are right. It doesn't work for me now either. Will look into it. As I said, a work in progress...but we are getting there...and easily getting back to the home page is important. Thanks.
Margit
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2017 - Annual General Meeting All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: