HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inapropiate usage of our LOGO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro Eiler Pedersen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Inapropiate usage of our LOGO Reply with quote

I like to bring up an issue I have with the FB page using our logo.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HPAC.ACVL/

Based on the banner logo I thought it was an official group for our association, and looking a the current discussion on it, it looks like I had been misled, as where most of the other member commenting in the current topic.

I would request the association pleas take some action regarding this issue, HPAC owns the rights to his logo and should manage properly who and how the logo can be used.

I already ask on the group to change it but had not received any response.
Pedro Eiler Pedersen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noted that the admin of that page is Gerry Grossnegger, member of the web team, so... is this an official Facebook group for the asociation? or not
Nicolas Jones
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 05:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FB page was created by our webmaster years ago on his own initiative. It has been the defacto "official" page since the users clearly believe it to be so. However recent events have shown us that some oversight and moderation is necessary. Posts from members unhappy with the actions of the organization and/or its directors and officers are normal and healthy - personal attacks and offensive / slanderous posts are not. It's a shame that such a successful page with a large following may have to be abandoned over admin issues.

The core problem is that HPAC (the current executive director and BoD) does not have admin access to the page and has been working towards a resolution, with little success so far. The outcome is not clear, but if HPAC cannot gain admin control then the current page must be renamed and rebranded to avoid using the association's name and trademarks.

Unfortunately this has not been a quick process and all I can say is that we are working towards a resolution that is in the best interest of HPAC and its members.

Nick Jones
VP, HPAC
Pedro Eiler Pedersen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 06:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our own web master wont add any member of the board as an admin to the page??? I hope that this is NOT a paid position?
Jimmy Marois
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 07:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i saw on the fb page ( i might of got it all wrong ) what prompted the BOD to want admin status on the fb page was not the name calling but the post itself ..they asked gerry to delete the said post when it came up when he did not the ''big scandal'' started on the official status of this page ( we want you to delete that post ... NO ... ok we want admin status to do it ourself ..NO ... then this page is not official give us admin status or stop using our logo and rename your page ) ... like it was said before ( Posts from members unhappy with the actions of the organization and/or its directors and officers are normal and healthy ) if gerry deleted this post like the BOD asked we would not have this conversation the official status of that page would not of been questioned ... i believe gerry is reluctant to give the BOD admin status because of the attempt to censor that post in the first place
Pedro Eiler Pedersen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam if you do, dam if you don't
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> Members Only All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: